I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been terribly harassed by this super hot weather. The sun hasn't been very nice to us lately and it even gets worse or intensified when it rains sometimes. As good as the early morning sun is to the skin, it could also be very damaging when its slightly hotter than normal.
Harsh/Hot weathers can cause several bad effects that are damaging to the skin which can result to Sun burn, Acne, Tiny rashes and lots more depending on your skin type. The good news is, you can always prevent all these from happening to you by following some simple steps I have for you.
- First thing I advice is that you buy a good body cream with sunscreen (SPF15). This helps protect your skin from getting burnt by the sun.
* Ensure you rub in the body cream properly until its well absorbed into the skin.
* Don't leave out any part of your body untouched because I know most people cream just their hands and legs, leaving other areas out.
* Make sure you apply your body cream on your face before you apply your makeup (Ladies) or you can choose to use a moisturizer with SPF if you have very dry skin.
- Buy a good facial cleanser or toner. The sun is really hot so you get to sweat a lot all day, which increases the production/secretion of sebum. So you need the cleanser to help reduce the oil produced daily.
* Cleansers/Toners/Astringents come in different types. So you can choose the one that best suits you, depending on your skin type. Though mild ones are preferable.
-Carry around a pack or Face wipes and Facial tissues.
* Face wipes and facial tissues are very important during this season. As much as you have washed and cleansed your face in the morning, this sun is hot enough to still break through all your early morning ritual barriers. It won't burn your skin but will still cause the secretion of sebum which helps attach a lot of dust and dirt on your skin so I advice you wipe your face regularly during the day.
* Wiping you face regularly helps reduce the dust on your skin, hereby preventing unwanted acne or pimples.
* The wipes also help cool your skin, leaving it soft and hydrated.
- Wash your face at least three times a day.
* I advice you wash your face regularly during the day just so you can reduce the quantity of oil and dirt that gets absorbed into your skin which could result to acne, pimples or some other reactions on you skin.
* This might not be convenient for most people especially if you run a busy schedule but you can always make good use of your wipes instead.
-Lastly, never every ignore that night bath. No matter how tired you are from the day's stress, make sure you wash up at night before you go to bed.
* It helps take off the dry dirt that has been attached to your skin during the day.
* After sweating all day, you don't want to go to bed with all the sweat because microorganisms will find this a suitable medium to grow/replicated and this might cause other skin infections.
* Ensure you wash your face properly and go through the same early morning ritual, which is washing your face properly and ensuring you cleanse before sleeping Also, make sure you use a moisturizer after cleansing.
- An extra tip.... Please buy sun glasses to protect your eyes also.
If you are able to follow all these steps, you'll retain your complexion, youthful and beautiful skin.Thanks a lot for reading through, please leave a comment if you have further questions or you need to consult me.